Our School - Enrolment & School Zone

Our school zone

Please note: We are unable to offer short term enrolments to international students

Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.

Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.

Our school manages enrolments using the Department of Education Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.

For more information, you can:

·         visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions

·         call the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950

·         email the VSBA at vsba@education.vic.gov.au 


Enrolling in Victorian Government School for the first time. 

Our school is using an online system for new Foundation (Prep) enrolments and for students transferring from overseas, interstate or a non-goverment school.

The Department of Education has created a Quick Reference Guide to help you get started.  


Prep 2025 Enrolments - What you need to do:


             We will then review the information submitted and be in contact with you by Friday 9 August 2024 

  •  You should accept one enrolment offer by Friday 23 August 2024. When accepting an offer, you will be required to provide additional personal and health information that will be shared with the school.

 Information and transition sessions will be held during Term 4, 2024 (dates to be confirmed).
Students start Foundation (Prep) from Wednesday 29 January 2025.

For more information about enrolling your child into a Victorian government primary school, visit Enrolling in Foundation (Prep)


Transferring from overseas, interstate or a non-goverment school - What you need to do:



Is VicStudents secure?

VicStudents has been assessed by the Department of Education to a high degree of security in line with the Victorian Protective Data Security Standards and is compliant with ISO 27001, the leading international standard for information security. 


Transferring from a Victorian Government School

In order to confirm that the student is eligible to enrol at Birralee Primary School on the basis that their permanent residence is within the school's designated neighbourhood zone, please include in your enrolment application copies of the following documentation:

  • Current Rental agreement or unconditional contract of sale (if signed within last 3 months)
  • Current utility bill

On request, you may be required to supply further evidence or complete a statutory declaration confirming the student is living at the address provided in the enrolment application and that the arrangement is genuine and intended to be permanent.

Note: Enrolment applications may not be successful if the requested documentation is not provided or if the school does not accept that the address provided is the genuine permanent residence of the student. 

The following documentation is required for an enrolment application:

  • Completed Enrolment Application Form 
  • Copy of student birth certificate or passport
  • Copy of current visa (if applicable)
  • Immunisation certificate (if available). This is not needed for enrolment but we will need a copy for our records.

Documentation can be:

  • mailed to Birralee Primary School, 26-28 Heyington Ave, Doncaster ,VIC, 3108.

School Tours 

Contact our school on 9848 4996 or email birralee.ps@education.vic.gov.au to book a school tour.